My dear readers, what a transformational month September has turned out to be for me. In this post I want to briefly share what’s been happening to me since taking on my role as a shaman. I’ve written previously about how this entire journey back to myself began ten years ago in 2010 yet rapidly accelerated itself 15 months ago when I unearthed my deepest traumatic wound, being sexually molested as a child. That led me to find my teacher Lindsey and the magic of shamanic healing which propelled me into this homecoming of taking the role of a shamanic healer myself. This work is what I was created for and is the biggest accomplishment in my life.
In my last post I revealed that I was moving to Idaho to join my teacher and dear sister Lindsey Luna so we could combine our forces of magic facilitating a broader reach for our healing businesses and learn from each other more closely. I’ve accepted every challenge with gratitude because I follow my intuition these days which has led me to uncover my true and authentic self. I’m finally free and upon returning to my parents house after my week in Idaho, the pain came on quickly as realized that I no longer belonged there. The toxicity of dysfunction is repulsive to me now that I’ve healed. It didn’t take long for me to make the necessary arrangements to get here and I’m happy to announce that I’ve officially moved to Idaho 🏞
When I look over my steps this year, 2020 has been the most transformational time of my life. Yes, it’s been confusing and extremely painful yet also immensely beautiful and awe inspiringly magical. My dears, embracing the pain of the human experience has taught me to lean into the fear and alchemize it into love. Following the breadcrumbs of my heart, my feelings are how I’ve uncovered my truth. It’s been lying dormant underneath dysfunctional programming and conditioning that taught me to dissociate and not feel my own feelings for thirty-seven years. That held me back from my destiny and joy! Stepping back into my sensibilities has awakened in me my soul’s purpose. This weekend I have the privilege of giving back to Lindsey what she so lovingly gave to me upon our first shamanic healing session together in June of 2019. In innumerable ways, she saved me by clearing out energetically what was keeping me stuck and blocked from my heart. Our hearts contain the superpower which is love. There are two vibrations, fear and love….every other feeling is an offshoot of the two. It was through self love that I became my own hero and saved myself from the deep despair my life seemed to be on the inside.
Now that I’ve finally dusted off the years of trauma, polished my heart by making my self care priority number one, I’m find myself in the position to graciously give back to Lindsey by helping her heal in the shamanic way. This weekend we are embarking on a camping trip (my 1st since 2007!) together in order to fully focus on the shifts to her own self integration. The ceremony we held together that inducted me into the world as an official shaman has created many new awakenings for her. This healing is an exchange of energy, hugely beneficial to both parties. My dears, the cycle of healing is never-ending as is the breathing we do to live. Once you can accept both, the resistance eases and inner peace can be restored. Shamanic healing is deeply profound and is a game changer for what keeps you stuck. Trust me. I wouldn’t be “Triumphing over Trauma” by overcoming the many obstacles 2020 has presented to me like joblessness, twice relocating without my beloved partner while I completed my coursework and apprenticeship and self published two books of poetry. The proof is in tbe pudding they say😉
I like to look back at my writing and the poems I create because mostly they are channeled messages from my spiritual guides and angels. I originally wrote this poem, “I hope” in early April. After reading it again, I felt or I should say my guides felt it was in need of a republication. My dears, hope is available in abundance from the Creator. God offers us a chance to constantly try again, an endless amount of do-overs. Take a chance on yourselves. My favorite acronym for hope is Hold On Pain Ends. I’m living proof my dears and so are YOU💗
If you’re interested in scheduling a shamanic healing session (held in person and over the phone long distance, tarot card reading or purchasing any of my three books of poetry….hit this link. Love yourself 1st, so that you can love others❤
Thank you so much Cindy Georgakas of https://uniquelyfitblog.com/ for nominating me for this award!!! I love any opportunity to write and answer questions about myself that help others get to know a bit more about me. Connection with one another, especially with other writers on here brings me so much joy. It takes a village my dears and in times like we are living in currently, I feel very blessed to have such a wonderfully supportive community on here to interact with, share information and a laugh or two😊
Here are the answers to the questions Cindy asked me. I will nominate 10 other bloggers at the bottom of this post. Once again, I appreciate this opportunity Cindy!
If you could do anything you wanted what would it be? I have told my fiancé for the past few years now how much I would love for us to either purchase an RV or mobile tiny home to travel around the country and see what there is to explore. I love car trips and have driven cross country twice along with with many other coastal excursions. Now that I’ve become a shamanic healer, I don’t need to be in one location at all. Emotional Musings incorporates my writing and healing passions, my books of poetry, tarot card readings and shamanic healing sessions. I have always wanted to drive the PCH and explore the west coast. Most of my travels here in the U.S. have been on the east coast where I’m from and the middle of the country. I did go to college in SLC and I love camping in southern Utah, that landscape is my heart. The desert is wild and mysterious to me and inspires my imagination. Travelling in general speaks to my Sagittarius soul, fun loving freedom spirit ♐
2. Who do you admire most and why? Tough question because I admire so many and am influenced by a lot of people both in my world on a daily basis and in the public eye. Currently speaking, I would have to say any artist that puts their heart and soul out there with no apologies or excuses. Some of my favorites currently are Lady Gaga (no relation LOL), Billie Eillish, Bjork and Daft Punk. I chose to mention these creative souls because they can be compared to no one and I love that! I’m all about presenting oneself in the most genuine way that highlights the unique qualities each of us posses as creative artists. Creative expression drives me on a daily basis and I admire that quality in others. For me saying what’s in your heart and standing by it no matter other’s opinions or judgments are is all that matters to me. I’m reminded of Dr. Seuss’s quote, “Why fit in when you were born to stand out”. I admire my parents for doing their best to assimilate in a way more technologically advanced world than the one they grew accustomed to. I admire my oldest son Ty for never letting life get him down and at almost 19 years old, he’s going back into school to continue his education after living on his own for 3 years. My youngest is an emotional warrior at 15 because he and I have been estranged (my ex’s alienation) for over 4 years. Living without your mother must be so difficult for him yet I have complete faith that in time we will be reunited as I have been with his brother. Ultimately I admire any person who is living their dream and expressing themselves authentically. I loathe anything fake or not genuine. As an empath and psychic medium that channels Spirit, I can smell those types of folks a mile away ❤
3. Who has been the biggest influencer in your work? My answer is so similar to the above question. Ultimately my answer is God. Since hitting my rock bottom ten years ago when I attempted to take my own life and woke up in a hospital to learn I was committed, I have been fighting back to learn my soul’s purpose. Finally in this last year I have realigned myself and uncovered that truth. My own soul has been my biggest influencer for sure which only is God powered!! I have a tremendous faith in our creator, hope for tomorrow and enough hootspa and drive to keep me moving forward always. My spirit is strong, it’s my Tephlon shield that protects me against anything life throws my way. Love influences every single thing I do. I chose love over fear always. Never stop loving, myself and others🥰
4. What are you working on in your life? Expanding my brand to reach the masses by writing and healing others. My passions drive me, writing poetry, healing others as a shamanic healer, writing a memoir someday detailing my journey through homelessness, CPTSD, divorce, suicide, job loss and the loss of connection with my own children. Nothing can or will ever break me. I allow my heart to take me where it will and my passion for creative expression is what keeps me going always. The need to express my soul’s deepest desires through writing, music, dance, singing and painting….anything I can do with my own body. Travel is big on my to-do list for the next two years and as long as I keep putting my desires out there, the Universe has my back always. Wherever the wind takes me is where I need to be, I believe in that 🌬
5. What is your favorite saying or affirmation? Again, I have so many, growing up I collected quotes and books of my favorite writers from Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde, Maya Angelou, Shel Silverstein, Dr. Seuss and Mark Nepo (eclectic array I know). The two I will share here are one by Shakespeare himself, “Thou she be but little, she is fierce” and my own creation, “I am a strong capable woman and a child of God. God loves me eternally”. Those two quotes get me out of bed on a daily basis! 🤗
6. Where is your happy place? I have mentioned this before on my blog. My happy place is the beach, I have saltwater in my veins. Any place near water really gets me excited! A dear friend of mine recently did my Mayan cross and it was of no surprise to both of us that I have the highest energy on their scale at a 13 (1-13 is the scale). I love being anywhere out in nature. Hiking in the mountains, camping in the desert, on a boat in the ocean or on the lake I live on currently, walking along the coastline, out on my bike or for a long run through the nature preserve near my house. I’m happiest outdoors amongst God’s creations. Add in my boys and my fiancé, now I’m golden! 🏖🏕🏞⛰
7. What do you yearn for? For world peace and for each person on this planet to love each other more. My purpose here to to shine light and love by my words, actions and healing abilities. We are all interconnected and what we do to ourselves we do to one another. It’s time for all of us to wake up to that fact and love. “Simple love” is a poem I wrote recently and is my one wish for our world. To treat each other and every living thing on Mother Earth with love, kindness and respect ❤🧡💛💚💙💜
7. What is your favorite thing to do? I was recently interviewed for a dear friend’s podcast, “The Art of Aliveness” on Spotify and iTunes and asked a similar question, “what makes me feel most alive”. Without question it’s dancing and moving my body! Movement ignites my life force energy and I am in a different zone. Most of my dear readers and followers know I sometimes post my dance videos on here. I’m trained in all forms of dance and in my youth danced competitively and wanted to be on Broadway. Growing up outside NYC, provided many opportunities to audition, be an extra in commercials and movies, perform in showcases with other professional dancers and take classes from world renowned artists. My memories from that time are amazing blessings. I have so many wonderful ones of dancing, travelling, experiences with people I love and am still close to today! 💃👯♀️
8. If you could be anyone in the world who would you be? That’s an easy one for me, ME of course. In the words of Oscar Wilde, “Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.” I spent most of my life dissociated from myself because I was scared of my sensibilities and how I perceived the world. I was labeled “wrong” or “crazy” by many so I detached and did an amazing job of trying to be anyone else BUT me. I have survived a lot of emotional, physical and sexual trauma that also played a role in keeping me away from myself. Living through the past 30 or so years like that was enormously painful on the inside so now I want to spend the rest of my time on Earth here being Maria Teresa 😁
10. You’ll be happy when? I keep myself happy and peaceful everyday by my selfcare routine. Once you know yourself, you know only you can take the best care of you. Again, being realigned with my soul and its purpose has brought me immense happiness and gratefulness. I’m a naturally upbeat, positive and joyful individual so I run with it! 😉
Who am I is the reoccurring question throughout my entire life. It has haunted me, left me distraught, distracted and then exhilarated and finally an inner peace that compares to nothing else. The search for self and one’s purpose is so crucial to happiness. I’m in a good space finally. Peace, love & life✌❤